Saturday, February 18, 2012

Enter the Ultimate Mess Contest and a Favorite Cookie Recipe!

Hello!

How are all my Agents today? The weather has been pretty hot lately but today was not to bad. I have been investigating again and I found another contest! It is a website called Recipes For Fun and it was started by Clorox Clean-Ups. This was done so that Clorox Clean-Ups can help you clean up your mess after having craft time, baking lessons, or cooking creations! In celebration of this website being started they are having a contest. Clorox Clean-Ups is having a Ultimate Mess Contest where you can sign up to try and win $10,000 towards an Ultimate Mess Party! Also there will be daily wins just by registering or sharing a recipe! Make sure you head over and enter.



Speaking of recipes I want to share something with you. We are on a short trip to visit some friends and before we left we started baking so that we had some snacks/cookies to bring with us on our trip. My little sister was having fun helping to bake for our trip. My older sister made some really yummy cookies and I decided to bake (okay, I guess I am really just making) some No-Bakes! I love these cookies. We actually received the recipe from some friends of ours that made them for a Church Get-To-Together. We tried them, loved them, and knew we needed the recipe. Okay so here it is.

Here are the ingredients you will need :
2 Cups of Sugar
1/2 Cup of Milk
1 Stick of Butter
3 Tbsp. of Cocoa Powder
3 Cups of Quick Oats
2/3 Cup of Peanut Butter (Chunky or Non-Chunky. Whichever you prefer)
1 Tsp. of Vanilla Extract

You will also need :
Stove, Wax Paper, Pan

First you combine 2 Cups of Sugar, 1/2 Cup of Milk, 1 Stick of Butter and 3 Tbsp. of Cocoa Powder in a pan and bring it to a boil. Let it boil for one minute and then turn the stove off and add 3 Cups of Quick Oats, 2/3 Cup of Peanut Butter and 1 Tsp. of Vanilla Extract. Stir it all together really well and then spoon the cookies onto the wax paper. Then let them cool/solidify and try to keep everybody from eating them right away! :D That is one of the hardest parts! Seriously. I had to hide them so that my Dad would not try taking them. I put two pans in the pantry and one in the oven. Which I will not ever do again! My sister went out to bake a pie and we turned the oven on, I had forgotten to take the cookies out and when we went to put the pie in we found burning and very baked No-Bakes!

These are so easy to make a child could make them (with an adult's help with the boiling part) unless if you leave the cookies in the oven like I did. :D Do you have a favorite recipe for cookies? Have you ever made a mistake like that? Leave a comment below and let us know!

“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Clorox Clean-Up Recipes for Fun blogging program, for 8,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. For more information on this program, click here and see the Terms link.


No comments: