Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Student arrested

Content by Sol Rosales

I recently saw a student that I taught two years ago on the evening news. He was arrested for robbing a gas station at gun point. I have taught at the same school for the last twenty-two years, but over the past several years, the school has changed dramatically. Many years ago my husband and I made the decision not to live inside the district in which I teach. We felt like it would be wise for us to have some separation from my students away from school. We purchased a home security system through adt kansas city a number of years ago, and we live in a very safe community. However, the school has changed, and I no longer feel as safe at work every day as I once did. We seem to have more troubled students than we used to have, and I have seen a number of quality students transfer out of our school for these reasons. I have three years left until I am able to retire, and I am looking forward to that day. I still care about my students, but it is time for me to move on.

No comments: